AIR LIQUIDE ITALIA SERVICE SRL
AIR LIQUIDE: Air Liquide is a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide has firmly integrated sustainable development into its strategy: a commitment that concerns both the decarbonisation of the Group's activities and the support of customers on their path to reducing emissions.
Within HERCCULES, AIR LIQUIDE is:
- Providing a benchmark of the CO2 capture technologies utilized in the project with the solutions already in use on a large scale.
- Transporting the CO2 from the capture sites to the Ravenna storage Hub and other industrial sites for conventional utilization purposes.
- Supplying the oxygen necessary to conduct the test campaigns.
The most relevant CCUS projects where AIR LIQUIDE is and has been involved in, are:
- Air Liquide and Saras are collaborating on a project aimed at assessing the technical and economical feasibility of capture and storage of the CO2 emissions linked to the Sarroch refinery, one of the largests in Europe. The two partners will also plan to make in the second step of the project, a feasibility study which will include CO2 transportation and storage solutions.– PR ENG - PR ITA
- Air Liquide and EQIOM are joining forces in the “K6” project with the aim to transform EQIOM’s Lumbres plant into one of the first carbon-neutral cement plants in Europe. The project, which received funding by the European Commission through its 2021 Innovation Fund call, aims to capture around 8 million tons of CO2 over the first ten years of operation. Once purified and liquefied, the CO2 captured at the Lumbres Plant would be transported via shipping to permanent storage sites currently under development below the North Sea or would be utilized in building materials.– PR
- In 2015, Air Liquide inaugurated Cryocap™, a unique industrial installation that enables the capture of CO2 released during hydrogen production via a cryogenic process. Connected to Air Liquide’s largest hydrogen production unit in France, located in Port-Jérôme (Normandy), Cryocap™ received a public financial support of close to 9 million euros from the Haute Normandie region, the community of Caux Vallée de Seine communes, and ADEME (French Environment and Energy Management Agency) through the Programme d’Investissement d’Avenir. Cryocap™ is being rolled out for the first time in Port-Jérôme, on the SMR (Steam Methane Reformer) of Air Liquide which produces hydrogen for the neighboring refinery, Esso Raffinage SAF (ExxonMobil group). Hydrogen is used to remove the sulfur content of the automotive fuels the refinery produces, in order to bring them into compliance with environmental standards in the transportation sector. Today Port Jerome has been integrated as a pilot site for the project CertifHy, the first Guarantee of Origin (GO) platform for Green and Low-carbon hydrogen - Article - PR