FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FORDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG EV
FRAUNHOFER ISI: - Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research - analyzes the origins and impacts of innovations. Fraunhofer ISI researches the short and long-term developments of innovation processes and the impacts of new technologies and services on society. On this basis, Fraunhofer ISI is able to provide their clients from industry, politics and science with recommendations for action and perspectives for key decisions. The expertise is founded on scientific competence as well as an interdisciplinary and systemic research approach.
Within HERCCULES, Fraunhofer ISI is:
- Leading WP8 "Social perception and community engagement", which has the objective to:
- Understand public attitudes, concerns and needs regarding carbon capture, transport and offshore geological storage of CO2 in selected study areas;
- Conceptualize local and regional perception as being embedded in the wider national and European regulatory and political context;
- Establish and enhance the participation of the local communities and stakeholders for the regions under study;
- Develop valid public engagement recommendations.
The most relevant CCUS projects where Fraunhofer ISI is and has been involved in, are:
- PilotStrategy - Horizon 2020 project analyzing storage of CO2 in saline aquifers in five industrial regions of Southern and Eastern Europe.- https://pilotstrategy.eu/
- Strategy CCUS - Horizon 2020 project supporting the delivery of carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS) in eight regions identified as promising because they feature strategic elements, such as clusters of industry, potential CO2 storage sites, opportunities for CO2 usage, and options for hydrogen production and use.- https://www.strategyccus.eu/
Entities’ website: www.isi.fraunhofer.de/en